Monday 22 October 2007

Going Organic

Well, I watched the second of the toxic programmes and must say it was still very interesting and pretty scary watching what children use these days. One girl, whom was 15, used to take up to 3 hours to get herself ready in the mornings and wouldn't go out without wearing her make up, but she had to in the end because she was put on a toxic detox and said afterwards that she felt a lot better. The toothpaste she was given was one that I'd already bought and I'm not too keen on the taste of it. I was shocked to see how much deodorants boys use to attract girls, and one was 8. I think what shocked me the most was to learn that all the products you use on your skin which can be harmful, can get into your bloodstream, and if you're a new mother and are breastfeeding, those toxics can then transfer into your baby's body.

A few week's ago I found out that So Organic (SoOrganic.com) Ltd have opened a shop in Greenwich and yesterday my mum and I went there and found it. And boy did we both have a happy, enjoyful and successful shopping spree in there. That shop is great. It has everything in it that you can think of. Toiletries for women, men and baby, and they have cosmetics and household stuff such as towels etc. They also have recycled stationery, which I am pleased about. My mum spent a lot of money and I spent a hell of a lot of money, and we both got free gifts. A free organic cotton bag and 2 little soaps. Needless to say we are definitely going back there. Most of the things we bought were Christmas presents, as well as a few niceties for ourselves. I have thought of a few more things for Christmas I can get there. The staff there were very friendly and I have discovered a balm that can be used for noses, bums and feet it's so good. I've tried it on my nose and it's fine and doesn't sting. I wanted it for both colds and piles. So that's good. One thing the woman staff said was that following the toxic programmes shown on tv recently they had had a surge of interest in the toothpaste.

No comments: