Thursday 22 November 2007

Stressful times

It is becoming very stressful here at work. One of my colleagues is off sick this week and has been since last Wednesday and this week we have dental student elections happening, as well as a forthcoming deadline for a year of medical students to apply for our twinned universities to go on their electives. As it's usually both my colleague and I who do the letters and she's off sick, it's only me doing letters at the moment and it's hard going. I am doing my best to keep on top of everything but yesterday I stressed out and had to walk out the room in tears. A couple of students got too demanding about why their letters weren't ready and it got to me. Thankfully today it has been quieter and less stressful. I am so looking forward to the weekend, my birthday weekend. I have plans and will say more later.

The other thing I'm grateful for is my writing. At least when I do it at lunch it can take my mind away from work and the stress of it whilst I am working on it. Although, I have been puzzling as to what I've done with Chapters 3 and 4. The second half of chapter 3 I've printed out is basically the same as the Chapter 4 I've printed out, so today I tried to merge the part from Chapter 3 into Chapter 4. I will sort it all out on Saturday and get it right by next week so I can hopefully start work revising Chapter 5 next week.

As I was saying I am so looking forward to the weekend. Saturday morning is Organic morning when I'm going to So Organic in Greenwich to stock up on skin products. In the evening my mum and I are going out for a meal, which I always enjoy. Sunday is my b'day and we'll probably do our usual weekly shop and in the afternoon I plan to make some eats to bring to work next Tuesday. Monday I have the day off work and in the morning my mum and I have booked a facial and manicure each in the spa hotel we went to last year. In the afternoon I've got a dr's appointment to get the results of the blood test I had done 3 weeks ago. I really hope that the results show something up that can explain everything that's been happening to me this year - the getting up during the night, the tiredness, the exhaustion, the stress from too much sugar. I will let you know what the dr says.

Well, almost time to go home now and thank goodness for that.

No comments: