Friday 14 December 2007

Still high

I was off sick on Wednesday due to being very tired and worn out - it was one of my bad days. While I was off at home, I phoned the clinic and got my last test results. My cortisol level is still raised and was told to see a dr, which I will be doing on Monday. Knowing now that it's still high, I am convinced that all this tiredness and getting up during the night is all down to the adrenal glands. Cortisol is the hormone that the adrenal glands produce to regulate water, mineral and stress balances, and I have 2 out of 3 not balanced. I just want to sort this out and hope that the dr can do so on Monday. I just hope that this isn't something that will lead to a longer illness such as ME (or chronic fatigue syndrome as it's called now). My aunt says that how I have been feeling this year with tiredness is how her daughter started with ME. Fingers crossed I don't have it. My aunt also said that she felt I should take some time off work to rest. I wish, I wish, I wish. At least I have the Christmas break in 2 weeks time so have time then to rest.

I am working hard on Bug. I have revised chapters 8 - 10 this week and will type those amendments up over the weekend. On Sunday I plan to type up an animal story for the animal small press magazine I subscribe to.

I am so longing for the weekend now. I am tired and just want to go home. Only 11 minutes to go before I can pack up and leave here. Not shopping tomorrow. Finished my Christmas shopping last weekend, and now have to wrap the presents up. My mum's presents should take the longest because I've got her lots of little presents and a couple of big ones, that's why I have left hers to last to do.

No comments: