Tuesday 25 March 2008

Tap water

You probably have read in the papers recently that health authorities/bodies are urging people to use tap water instead of bottled mineral water to help the environment. Well, I would agree with them as I took this bold step myself last Thursday when my mum and I went out for a meal at our favourite Chinese restaurant. We both asked for a glass of cold tap water and got it, free. I think they anticipate customers asking this because one of the staff, who are very friendly, came up later with a jug of water asking us if we wanted more. So, next time you go out for a meal, ask for tap water and not bottled. Not only is it cheaper on your pocket because it's free, but you will be helping the environment by not buying bottled water that has probably been transported from miles away polluting the air, and using plastic. I actually asked for cold tap water at my hairdresser's too and she said, "I note that you mention cold tap water." It doesn't hurt to ask, so go ahead and try it.

Now that Easter is over, I am going to try to cut down the sugar in my diet, not that I have too much anyway. The main one is in the fruit spread I have with my porridge in the morning, which says on the jar it's 36g of sugar per 100g, and even if that is with natural sugar that is very high, so am cutting it out and instead will have frozen raspberries. I might still have honey on ryvita at the weekends. I want to not have any sweets or biccies until my next holiday in June/July, except on Friday when I go to the Vitality Show. I will be taking an energy bar and sunbites then as they are convenient and easy to pack and carry with you.

I did some work on Checkmate over the break and am now on Chapter 3, and have done over 25,000 words so far. Have a bit more to work on as I need to put some romance into it, which should add to it. My Weekly pocket novels are 30,000 words, so that is what I am aiming to get to. I don't have that much to go to reach it. I typed up a short story for a competition as well and that ended up nearly 1000 words too long so have had to cut some out. Have worked out some to cut out but not sure if it's enough, will work on that at the weekened.

Must get on with work now.

No comments: