Wednesday 12 March 2008

Tests and more tests

Well, I saw the consultant yesterday and he wasn't sure what was causing my raised cortisol. He first said it could be nothing, then he said that oestrogen can cause high cortisol and said that he would look into it further, and give me tests. He mentioned having a 24 hour screening test which meant me to have onging blood tests during the day, which I didn't like. Anyway, it ended with me having a blood test there and then, which was brave of me considering I hate needles and had to travel back home on a train. I also have to do a 24 hour wee test at home on Sunday and take it back to the dept on Monday. Then I have to go back in 4 weeks, when he should have the results of both tests and depending on what they say, I might have to have another blood test. He mentioned about taking a steroid tablet last thing at night which suppresses cortisol then having a test done first thing the next morning, then he said that just to go with the blood test and the wee test first and go from there.

Well, must get on with some work this last half hour before going home.

No comments: