Friday 2 May 2008

Another rejection

I got a rejection from Chicken House on Wednesday. Which was strange because on Monday I emailed them to ask if they'd received my ms as it had been 3 months since I'd sent it. They had got it but due to an influx of mss they were still reading their December submissions and hadn't got round to mine yet (submitted in Jan). 2 days later I got my ms rejected. It made me wonder if the chase up email I sent prompted the rejection. Never mind. It's still with one more publisher, and I have 2 others in mind. Also I have decided that I might try to submit it to educational publishers since the book is based in school. I shall look at those in the Yearbook at the weekend.

In the meantime, I am still working hard on Checkmate and have been revising chapters 3 and 4 this week. I will type them up tomorrow and read through them later in the weekend. I am also writing/emailing letters to magazines about things that interest me in them. So far nothing published yet but I live in hope this year. I am going to draft a letter to one mag today and also start an article about my organic trials so far in diary format. Not decided which mag I might submit it to yet.

Well, must look like I am working now.

Will write here about my organic and healthy living experiences at the weekend.

No comments: