Monday 16 June 2008

Checkmate and my Dad

I typed up the amendments to Checkmate at the weekend and it now comes to just over 34,000 words. I would like to get it up to 35,000. I am now up to checking Chapter 7 and hope to get it all finished by the end of this week. I am to start printing it all up the week I am off in 2 weeks time, so that I can send it to the RNA the week after the conference. I guess they will be far too busy with sorting out the conference next week to send it on.

As it was Father's Day yesterday I went to see my dad. My mum and I had a field day sorting out all his cupboards. He has so many clothes, we're sure that he doesn't know what he's got there. More clothes than I've got, I know. I bought him some organic toiletries, which he started using this morning. He phoned me to thank me and say the he's using them because his skin was dry and itchy. I asked him to keep using the stuff as his skin will prefer it. I just hope that I am able to convert him totally to use organic products. I threw away some of his toiletries which had SLS in, and hope that he doesn't phone to say where is this, where is that.

Well, must get back to work now.

No comments: