Wednesday 26 November 2008

Good news

I had good news at the hospital yesterday, which is just what I needed on my birthday. I first saw a registrar who felt my feet for a pulse beat with his hands, then with a mini ultrasound scanner, and both times he couldn't find a beat. So he said he was going to chat with the consultant and left my mum and I in the room waiting for 20 minutes, before the consultant came along. He also felt my feet and couldn't find a beat either and asked me to describe the symptoms of the foot pain I had been having. I did. He then told me that it was probably muscular which would've gone in time, nothing to do with my heart and that most women hadn't got a beat in their feet. He also said that if it had been vascular then the compression socks I'd been wearing would've made it worse not better, then he left. I had to knock on another door to find out if that was it and he said yes, was writing to my gp. So, I have nothing to worry about. No idea what caused the foot pain or why I haven't got a pulse beat in my feet, but at least I don't have to wear the compression socks anymore, well for the time being anyway. Will leave them off for a while and see if I get pains again. Although I was very happy with the result we weren't happy with the way we were treated. Thankfully I don't have to go back there again.

No comments: