Monday 1 December 2008

On the last chapter

I started the last chapter of Allie today and have to confess that I've forgotten some of the names of her team in the book. I will have to browse through all the chapters I've printed so far to find the names. I can remember her first 2 helpers but not the other 2. Ho hum. I will need these to continue the chapter tomorrow because I am writing Allie presenting her team with their awards. Then I have to think of names for the main award winners and their prizes. What fun writing for children is. You can think of names and incidences and more or less get away with it.

My weekend went quickly. Saturday I had my hair cut, then straight after I got home Mum said "What do you think about getting Dad a digitial tv for Xmas between us? Could we got to Comet today?" I said, "OK," got changed and tidied up then off we went in my car to Comet. I was pleasantly surprised at how cheap they were and we picked one out for Dad which will be delivered this Wednesday and they will take the old one away. In the afternoon I typed up some of Allie. In the evening we went for a meal. The food was quite nice but the atmosphere of the place and staff seemed disorganised and rushed after a while, especially as they took Mum's glass then dessert dish away before I'd finished mine, which we both thought was rathre rude. Unlike the staff to do that.
Sunday was Sainsbury's in the morning and in the afternoon I finally got to working on my novella Checkmate again. I had to read the last chapter I'd worked on to remember what I'd written and what was going on. I know now. All in all a very busy weekend for me.

No comments: