Wednesday 11 February 2009

Final Proofs

I received the final proofs of Rosie on Monday. Thankfully I am at home on holiday this week so I am reading them during the day instead of the evening like before. This time they want me to get someone else, who hasn't seen the book yet, to read for any errors. I have got my mum to read it too. Once that is done then it goes to the printers and another wait....before it goes out to the shops. Meantime I am still working hard on revising Allie. I don't think I will be able to get it down to 50,000 words so I will aim for 55,000. I have read in a book I got for Xmas that the book can be as long as the story needs to be told. I liked that because I don't think I can cut anymore of Allie without deleting things I want to tell. I am also going to send stories to a magazine and competitions, and I have recently sent an email letter to a green magazine, and have an idea for another health magazine or 2. We shall see what happens.

Tomorrow evening I am off to the Southbank Centre, if I can find it, to a writer's network meeting. Look forward to that because there is a literature festival being held there from tomorrow, so we can see that at the same time. Should be interesting.

I will get back here later this week to let you know how tomorrow went.

No comments: