Monday 1 June 2009

Connections

Well, I went promoting again on Saturday. I went to another local library and the main librarian there was very helpful. She took some of my promotional materials and said she'll display them to promote the book and try to get children to want to read it so they can stock it. She also gave me the name and phone number of the Head of the Children's Libraries in my borough and I will phone her later this week. The librarian said they she'd be able to help me promote the book and possibly open other doors for me too. She also asked me if I'd be interested in talking to a small reader's group in the future and I said yes and gave her my business card. So watch this space...

Meantime I am getting excited and busy preparing for my launch on Saturday.

Back to work now.

2 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Hi Julie, my twelve year old has been reading Rosie and she loves it! She says it's a really good story.

Julie Day said...

Tell her from me, thank you very much. It means a lot to me to hear that a child of the age it's intended for likes it. Now to get other children to think the same.