Thursday 10 December 2009

Dilemma

I am in a dilemma. I mentioned last time that I had a response from a publisher who said they liked Allie and suggested it be aimed for younger readers and to do that I needed to cut it down to 20,000. Well, I thought I had a brilliant idea this morning how to cut it without losing the story - make it into two books. So I emailed the publisher and they replied they didn't think it would work for that age range. I replied could I still try to do it that way. Back they replied saying that I could try but to make sure the book stands on its own and doesn't drag out too much. Now I don't know what to do as I thought it was a great idea and got excited about it. I think I might see what responses I get from the other publishers I have sent Allie to and maybe write to another small publisher I've found. And if I don't get any luck out of all of those perhaps try to make it into two books. We shall see.

Back to work now...

No comments: