Sunday 21 October 2012

How to earn £10 in 10 Minutes - A review

I don't normally review books/ebooks but I felt I had to with this one. How to earn £10 in 10 Minutes is by Linda Lewis, who writes short stories for Womags and a column for Writers' Forum magazine. I bought this ebook because I wanted to find out what she says about writing letters, which I have done over the last several years. I thought I knew a lot about it, but I was wrong. Not only does it tell you about reader letters, but about writing tips with photos, sending photos and other short features you can write to magazines about. I had tried sending a tip to a magazine once before, but no luck. After reading how Linda does it, rather sneakily, I shall take a leaf out of her ebook and try my luck again. I have been buying Womags to see what is out there and whom I can write to. Am now planning to start writing them again to see what happens. I also might try doing photos, if I can find a subject to take pictures of. I wasn't going to write any more letters/fillers this year, but after reading this I came over all enthusiastic again.  Fillers for me have made me more money than my fiction writing so far, so I will continue doing them until I can no longer afford to spend monies on extras.

So, thank you, Linda Lewis, for giving me the enthusiasm to keep writing them.

Next week I will write about another ebook on writing that I have liked and that has given me enthusiasm to try something else to publish.

No comments: