Tuesday 15 November 2016

What is your brand?

Following my previous posts about the issue I have had (my book has now been taken off Amazon completely), I thought I'd write about what is a brand, or what I have learnt is a brand.

A brand is...You. It is not a name, a logo or your voice. It is you. So, learning this, I have decided not to brand my children's books now, but keep myself as an Aspie children's author as my brand along with what I write. So my brand is me writing magical realism and ghosts. When someone mentioned this to me on Facebook, it got me thinking. Yes, they are right. I started thinking about other authors and their brands, and came up with two that I often read who have a definite brand: Nora Roberts writing under her own name, and Jacqueline Wilson. Their style of writing, and esp with Jacqueline Wilson, the book covers are definite brands. So I am going to learn from those two about how to work on my brand as myself. I want my book covers to reflect me and what I write as my brand.

So, question for you; what is your brand like? Can you describe it, like I have for me? Go on... tell me.

No comments: